Sr. Prodcut Manger Wireless
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Are you ready to join the Smart Home revolution? In Vivint’s Innovation Center, you will be on the cutting edge, developing products that make the smart home even smarter. Others are just getting into the Internet of Things game. Vivint is applying our years of experience with homeowners to create the world's best integrated Smart Home experience.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in smart home technology, join Vivint’s Innovation Team. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not just another job.
Vivint is seeking a Technical Product Manager that would be working with our Infrastructure team with specific responsibilities for cellular technologies. This includes working with customers, internal partners, and mobile providers to deliver quality cellular connectivity for Vivint’s Smart Home products. The Vivint ecosystem includes connectivity for our customers systems across the US and Canada through multiple providers including AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Rogers and TELUS. In this role you would be responsible for defining and driving technical solutions that support these mobile partnerships and that support the Smart Home ecosystem where Vivint products are connected and provide consistent, reliable experiences for Vivint customers.
What you will be working on:
In this role, you will be a leader, expected to drive complex projects from idea to development and delivery. The candidate must have technical knowledge of the mobile space, be able to identify and execute strategic business objectives, and then lead a cross-functional team to deliver against the opportunity. This includes identifying opportunities and resolving issues that can arise from the modem to the vendor’s network and configuration.
Who you will work with:
Successful candidates need to be able to create detailed product requirements and work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain, and Field Operations, and other stakeholder teams to build and support Vivint’s product. You will also partner with those same stakeholders to gather product feedback, prioritize work, and ensure alignment across several groups.
What we’re looking for:
- Lead development of the product roadmap based on consumer, business, and market needs ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy and direction.
- Execute on the product roadmap, writing clear and concise requirements and managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, technical constraints, and business drivers.
- Collaborate with internal partners to define financial product performance goals and budgets.
- Define success metrics for product performance.
- Monitor and communicate updates and roadmap impact.
- Communicate and align strategy with key internal and external stakeholders, managing expectations and shifting priorities as needed.
- Identify opportunities for usability testing and drive execution, measuring and report results.
- Identify risks, issues, and problems and escalate as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles.
- Execute full range of life cycle management, from enhancements, to new development, to sunset.
- Partner with the go-to-market team to prepare operations, marketing, sales, supply chain, and support product channels for launch
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert on designated products.
- Own and manage partner relationships for specific engagements.
- Assist with module hardware selection
- Ensure all certifications and maintenance releases are managed
- Build strong partnerships with cell carrier partners and module vendors
- Manage cellular specific firmware release priorities and release notes
- World-class communication skills to articulate and evangelize your product’s future.
- Analytical and quantitative skills to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities, including multiple products.
- Ability to clearly communicate across levels of the organization and departments in a variety of settings using the appropriate medium to share ideas and advocate for your point of view.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to understand cell hardware, software, networking and operational issues
- Ability to present complex ideas in simple terms and obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to be proactive with a strong sense of urgency
- Technical aptitude with good understanding of: IoT M2M, cell modules, cellular networking and connectivity
- Understanding of cell carrier roadmaps for connectivity (e.g. 4G LTE, 5G, 6G, etc) and the gives and takes of these options
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Product Design, Business or a related field) or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience – with three or more years of experience in wireless/telecommunication industry with knowledge of wireless technologies, and four or more years of experience in product ownership/management.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and champion opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
- Knowledge of Smartphone and Tablet HW subsystems such as: LTE, display, camera, memory, chipset, sensors, battery, color/material/finish (CMF).
- Experience in vendor management by nurturing relationships and understanding OEM partner’s needs and providing them opportunities to fulfill them while maintaining company goals.
- Strong attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Four or more years of experience in product ownership/management.
- Experience partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage