Project Manager, Beta Team
The Beta Team Project Manager oversees initiatives for Vivint’s Beta Program. They will take lead for various projects that will range from product/feature testing, roadmap planning, tester recruitment, product distribution, analytical reporting, and managing the vision and architecture of the Beta Community platform.
- Communicate across the entire Vivint organization to execute well-coordinated product testing.
- Communicate test results, helping shape the products with key insights we get back from product tests.
- Identify quality gaps in product testing.
- Quantify, summarize and report results from testing to the product team and leadership.
- Verbal and written communication with test participants during testing.
- Assist Product Managers in creating test surveys.
- Drive testing participation and oversee testing incentive programs.
- Work with product teams to create a prioritized backlog of issues to be fixed.
- Create schedules and timelines for product testing to ensure timely feedback for product launches.
- Creatively remove blockers to allow product teams to meet new product and feature testing deadlines.
- Be a team player, recognizing the interdependence across teams, putting the team first, and eager to learn from others.
- Data oriented. Able to run data queries, create data sets and reports on test results.
- Be optimistic, showing a contagious enthusiasm and seeing the good in situations and people.
- Deliver clear, concise verbal and written communication that is appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Results-Oriented, focusing on outcomes and accomplishments and thinking in terms of progress towards the big goal.
- Take personal responsibility for needed tasks and actions, be dependable, and take action with little supervisory follow-up.
- 2 year at Vivint, or experience working in the home automation and security field.
- Microsoft Office skills, and ability to quickly master survey tools.
- Hands on product experience preferred
- Software documentation experience using Confluence and Jira, is a plus.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Track record of working on high performance teams.