Why you’ll be excited to work at Vivint Internet
We are on a bold mission to offer a new model to how we provide home internet and connect the things you care about in your home built around our industry-leading millimeter wave technology and our deep focus on customer experience. We are an early-stage company, part of Blackstone-backed Vivint, that has developed a new mesh wireless technology that enables us to quickly enter new markets and offer internet speeds up to 1Gbps with fiber grade capacity across large suburban areas. We know that most people aren’t happy with their home internet service today but haven’t really had many choices for broadband either. We aim to change that, quickly.
What excites us is an opportunity to disrupt a trillion dollar industry with a cutting-edge technology and a market leading customer experience. We have over 10,000 customers today in two metro markets and are looking to launch several new markets this year using our next generation technologies that will provide a very differentiated customer experience.
As a growth-stage company aligned with the Vivint family, we combine a depth of capabilities and resources of our parent company with the ambition, culture and agility of a Series B startup. Our multinational team, comprised of veterans of Clearwire, Google, Sprint and Rise, is dual headquartered in two of the hottest tech centers in Santa Clara, CA and Lehi, UT.
Our Product Development team is responsible for conceiving, developing and validating all the elements that empower our Operations team to plan, build and service our next generation network that provides an industry leading Internet experience to our customers. The team is also responsible for developing and integrating additional products and services we provide to our customers that complement our Internet service, such as managed mesh WiFi, over-the-top video and voice, as well as complementary IoT solutions. We take a very pragmatic approach to development, thoughtfully considering when to build vs buy and integrate, and when required, we are not afraid to take on complex, critical product development programs internally or in partnership with our suppliers and manufacturing partners.
Our Program Manager will be responsible for delivering the full life cycle development of the products that comprise and support our next generation network, as well as our end consumer products and services. You will collaborate with our engineers to drive products from conception to launch.
You will help shape the future of Vivint Internet’s products, driving collaboration between the various internal and external engineering teams. You'll work cross-functionally to develop and maintain realistic, milestone-driven schedules for both iterative hardware and software development projects. You'll drive internal stakeholder and partner engagements and work to drive and meet key launch timelines.
What excites you about this role:
- The opportunity to join a growth-stage startup that is on a mission to disrupt the US ISP market and provide customers with an industry leading connectivity experience
- The chance to work with and lead small, high performing, cross-functional teams in a fast- paced environment, developing new technologies, products and tools that will result in a meaningful impact to both our customer experience and growth of the company
- Creating and managing comprehensive plans and owning all aspects of the program's deliverables, with an emphasis in Agile methodologies
- The opportunity to work on all aspects of a service provider network and the products and services that complement it; to see products that enable us to deliver a compelling customer experience from the point of ideation through creation, validation and launch as part of managing the full product life cycle, often in partnership with suppliers across the globe
- Ability to drive accountability of all team members by creating an environment of empowerment and responsibility, enabling high quality work, always with a focus on the customer
What excites us about you:
- Demonstrated success managing the development of new products from inception through design, development, into production, including ongoing sustaining and support
- Ability to understand and discuss technical topics, requirements, and limitations related to software & hardware development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive feature definition from ambiguity
- Timely delivery of projects by prioritizing, identifying dependencies and producing project plans energizes you
- Experience developing processes to improve communication, efficiency, and team performance
- A keen attention to detail, a passion for quality, and the ability to recognize opportunities to adjust priorities to deliver delightful customer experience
- Experienced in the use of appropriate program management tools to organize and track product development programs; you can identify and manage risk, assess setbacks and devise appropriate mitigation plans
- The desire to help create a fun, productive culture and mentor colleagues across our business
- Excels in tracking and translating engineering discussions into actionable engineering tasks and next steps
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, science or relevant experience
We take care of our own:
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away (we’re big fans of unlimited!)
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Casual dress code & flexible working environment
- Onsite gym (UT & CA) & health clinic (UT only)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life coverage and 401k match