Product Manager, Safety and Security Device
Are you ready to join the Smart Home revolution? In Vivint’s Innovation Center, you will be on the cutting edge, developing products that make the smart home even smarter. Others are just getting into the Internet of Things game. Vivint is applying our years of experience with homeowners to create the world's best integrated Smart Home experience.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in smart home technology, join Vivint’s Innovation Team. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not just another job.
Vivint is seeking a Product Manager for our infrastructure team with specific responsibilities for our security and life safety devices. This team works with consumers, partners, and technology specialists to bring multiple hardware products and software services into cohesive experiences for our customers. As part of the Vivint product management team, you will be responsible for defining, driving and shipping Smart Home services and experiences for Vivint customers.
In this role, you will be a leader, expected to drive complex projects from idea to concept and prototyping through development and delivery. The successful candidate must be able to find the intersection of consumer needs, technical feasibility, and strategic business objectives, and then lead a cross-functional team to deliver against the opportunity.
The successful candidate will create detailed product requirements and work closely with Design, Engineering, Supply Chain, Field Operations and other stakeholder teams to build and deliver the product. You will partner with stakeholders to gather product feedback, prioritize work, and ensure alignment across several groups.
- Lead development of the product roadmap based on consumer, business, and market needs ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy and direction.
- Execute on the product roadmap, writing clear and concise requirements and managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, technical constraints, and business drivers.
- Collaborate with internal partners to define financial product performance goals and budgets.
- Define success metrics for product performance.
- Monitor and communicate updates and roadmap impact.
- Communicate and align strategy with key internal and external stakeholders, managing expectations and shifting priorities as needed.
- Identify opportunities for usability testing and drive execution, measuring and report results.
- Identify risks, issues, and problems and escalate as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles.
- Execute full range of life cycle management, from enhancements, to new development, to sunset.
- Partner with the go-to-market team to prepare operations, marketing, sales, supply chain, and support product channels for launch
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert on designated products.
- Own and manage partner relationships for specific engagements.
- Lead by influence
- Develop deep commitment to and empathy for the consumer.
- World-class communication skills to articulate and evangelize your product’s future.
- Analytical and quantitative skills to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities, including multiple products.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to clearly communicate across levels of the organization and departments in a variety of settings using the appropriate medium to share ideas and advocate for your point of view.
- Decisive, and able to eloquently defend your decisions.
- Establish credibility with technical teams.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in consumer electronics, gaming, or software products.
- Concrete experience managing complex products which have heavy dependencies requiring strong leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strategic mindset
- Deep commitment to and empathy for the consumer.
- Strong team-orientation
- Open-mindedness and positive attitude in the midst of a dynamic environment.
- Proactive, solutions-orientation with a history of solving unique, complex problems that have a broad, interconnected impact on the business.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- BA/BS, preferably in Computer Science, Product Design, Business or a related field
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage