Sr. UX Designer - Smart Properties
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Vivint is looking for a Sr. UX Designer to work with our Smart Properties team.
Vivint Smart Home is the leading provider of smart home services in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017.
Vivint Smart Properties is a small, startup-style team within Vivint where we are working hard to bring home automation to the multifamily industry. From making the resident’s experience better to giving the property manager the tools they need to manage their units, we are innovating and creating great solutions that will make our customers lives better.
Who you’ll work with:
On this team you’ll be working closely with product management, engineering, program management and sales to design great solutions for owners and managers of rental properties and the residents in these complexes. You’ll work to improve current mobile and web experiences, and define and design new ones.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Design teams to distill complicated problems into simple, minimal solutions
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on multiple future-looking product concepts through low fidelity prototypes, user journey maps, storyboards, etc.
- Advocate for the customer through research and insights, validate ideas through user testing
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to implement designs
- Develop user interfaces for creative tools utilizing the Vivint product design language
- Think strategically about the product, business, and overall user experience.
Who you are:
You are passionate about understanding people and designing product experiences for them. Typography and grid layouts are always top of mind, and pixel perfection is your mindset. You thrive in a thoughtful environment of product builders, and balance this with disciplined execution. You are pragmatic, but you aren’t averse to taking risks.
You are willing to work with a small team to rapidly prototype and vet new ideas, and are comfortable building throw away mock-apps from the ground up. You need to be open-minded, able to learn quickly, communicate clearly, and have the capacity to get things done even if the task is less defined.
What you have:
- 5+yrs experience building and launching digital products in a professional environment
- Expertise in user experience, interaction design, and building prototypes for a consumer facing product
- Strong handle on user experience and visual design
- Ability to balance true creativity, the needs of the business, and what is best for our users and community
- Solid working knowledge of the latest design tools, especially Sketch, InVision, Principle and Framer
- Ability to quickly prototype your ideas, bringing interactions to life
- Experience planning and running user research practices
- Strong understanding of typography, grids and color theory
- A love for making things beautiful and usable
- A team player who is highly collaborative
Nice to have
Experience building experiences that integrate with hardware products
- 401k matching
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here: