Technical Program Manager, Field Operations
As the Program Manager of Vivint Technology for Field Operations, you will own the delivery and execution of the Vivint Technolgy team ensuring tangible business value and outcomes and distilling the product vision into an actionable roadmap. You’ll be working with stakeholders and multiple, talented engineers and development teams to deliver incremental releases ensuring technical integrity of the product and underlying data platform.
As part of the Vivint Technology organization the Field Operations Development team, owns and drives the product vision and roadmap for the Field Operations tools that enable our growing Vivint business. Vivint’s Field Operation’s team is responsible for ensuring that we have reliable and techy savvy platforms in place that make Vivint a leader. You will be responsible for delivering on the agreed product vision and roadmap: taking specific product features from requirements definition, specification development, user story authoring, backlog prioritization through to engaging with the engineering teams coding the user stories. Through this process you will ensure that reliability, performance and quality are built to Vivint’s world-class standards. As a program manager you will work closely with our teams and technologies that enable infrastructure platforms to be used by the entire enterprise in consistent and reliable way. You will also be responsible to ensure that work is defined and prioritized, and communication to the customer about delivery and expectations is crystal clear. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in technology, preferably as a technical program manager, is passionate about working with our business partners and engineers and improving our processes and tools, enjoys working with vendors, and is highly organized, motivated and creative.
- Work with business stakeholders and the product manager to gather requirements, size and scope projects and deliver against the product roadmap
- Create user stories for all features, enhancements and bugs with detailed acceptance criteria
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlogs for each of the field service technology platforms (Tech Genie, Click, Salesforce)
- Facilitate backlog grooming and design meetings with development and QA resources on each of the teams
- Organize priorities and work between four different scrum teams on a sprint-by-sprint basis
- Help teams remove obstacles and issues that arise during development processes
- Assist development and QA leadership with bi-weekly releases including:
- CAB approval processes
- Risk assessment
- Communication to business pillars
- Participate in various scrum ceremonies (daily stand-up, backlog grooming, sprint planning, etc.)
- Serve as primary point of contact for business stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain and distribute reporting dashboards for key strategic programs
- Work with cross-functional integrated applications to ensure quality solutions and timely deliveries
Who you are...
- Passionate about Quality. You know what it takes to deliver a quality, sustainable product, and you are passionate about high-quality software development and the technology and knowledge that supports it.
- Essentialist. You role model how to distill a problem to its essence, to make it "as simple as possible, but no simpler." You know how to eliminate the decorative to deliver a single powerful idea.
- Design Focused: You sweat the details to bring a beautiful elegance to everything you put your name to.
- Reliable: You pride yourself in developing a sense of reliability in outcomes, timelines and goals expectations that you set for yourself and your team. Your product and team depend on it.
- Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- You go confidently: You take risks and trust your instinct to elevate the creativity and possibilities of everything you put your name to.
- Lead by influence without direct authority
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective planning and execution skills – ability to define and articulate a strong vision, create an actionable roadmap and drive the team to execute
- Effective storytelling, presentation skills. You’re able to define a plan and rally the team behind it.
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities, including multiple products
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate across levels of the organization and departments in writing, orally and interpersonally
- Decisive, and able to eloquently defend your decisions
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of technical product or program management
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and agile development methodologies.
- Experience conducting end user/customer interviews
- Articulate in documenting product requirements, writing functional specs and user stories
- Experience in technology evaluations and proof-of-concept executions.
- Ability to present convincingly to executives, partners, and users/customers
- Ability to work with several internal and external technology partners and integrate input into core service technical and product strategy.
- Ability to manage issue resolution and mitigate risk on the product roadmap
- Well versed in defining roadmaps and delivering with teams that employ agile software development methodologies
- The ability to build credibility and trust with both team members and senior management.
- Experience with Project, Program and Portfolio Management a plus
- Excellent presentation oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Adept at problem solving and driving the team towards solutions
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
- Analytical skills to test hypothesis and sort through uncertain options
- Ability to craft clear, compelling recommendations supported by strong analysis and business logic, and articulate them to the organization to gain support for recommendations
- Competence in business negotiation
- Ability to influence executive and senior level leaders regarding product vision, road map and work backlog priorities and trade-offs
- Experience working with cloud architectures desired
- Experience in managing transitioning applications to the public cloud
- Experience with SaaS, Web Services and SOAs (REST, SOAP) is considered a plus
- Effective communication with customers and remote team members is mandatory
- Show deep commitment to and empathy for the customer – design-thinking skills a plus
- Open minded, positive attitude and enjoy working in fun, high energy and fast paced environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- B.A. or B.S. degree (degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent)
- Understanding of iOS development practices
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
Your choice between Mac or PC
Employee pricing on smart home products
Casual dress code
Onsite health clinic
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here: