Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
WHO ARE WE:
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
The Program Manager will work with a high performing team leading Vivint SmartHome’s Innovation group as they look to deliver innovative and leading services via technology (incl software, hardware, analytics and strategic partnerships). Work across operational and product/engineering groups to deliver outcomes while contributing to improving the way we work together.
The Program Manager will lead multiple programs ranging in size and complexity across Vivint’s Innovation Center teams comprised of Product Management, Hardware and Software Engineering, UX Design, QA as well as Vivint’s broader Operational Groups including, Supply chain, Operations, IT, Marketing, and Finance. The role will cover projects from full new product development, product feature development, revisions of hardware or software updates or product pilots. The program manager will manage all the above aspects while working under the direction of the lead program manager to deliver the scope of the overall initiative.
The program manager’s role in Vivint is to lead an interdisciplinary team to delivery on scope, budget, schedule and quality, by bringing people and teams together, to identify risks, define necessary tradeoffs to maintain track with program goals and negotiate with stakeholders to deliver a product that will meet or exceed our business goals. We take great pride in our customers and our products and look for candidates who are equally passionate about our technology, and driven to build products and services that delight our customer and provide them peace of mind. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in technology, preferably as a technical program manager, is passionate about working with our business partners and engineers and improving our processes and tools, enjoys working with vendors, and is highly organized, motivated and creative.
- OWNERSHIP: Own the plan, schedule and budget for your assigned program and projects. Understand priorities and create clear plans to deliver. Communicate with stakeholders and partners. Set and meet commitments. Set specific release dates and milestones with the team and keep them focused on owning those accountabilities while communicating needs for support or issues that put those at risk.
- LEADERSHIP: Know Vivint’s strategic priorities, and make sure the team’s work is aligned to the top priorities. Partner with engineering teams to deliver working solutions in software, products and systems. Set schedules and create strong execution plans to develop products and features to bring to market. Partner with the Product, Engineering, Supply Chain, and external partners and Operations team to drive the program. Work across teams to review proposed scope and provide Level of Effort (LOE) estimates as well as suitable tradeoffs for quality and business risk.
- COMMUNICATION: Create appropriate communications to update the business regularly on status, risks and support needed to be successful. Provide weekly status updates communicating progress towards commitment in terms of scope, schedule, and cost.
- RISK AND ISSUE MANAGEMENT: Lead the team to identify risks up front, manage and mitigate them and monitor residual risks and any issues that arise. Track tasks and lead a culture of accountability in the team and across the business. Setup excellent change and risk management practices to keep work on track.
DAY 2 DAY & TOOLS:
- Facilitate and chair relevant program meetings, participate in agile activities where appropriate, develop communications and deliver to stakeholders. Hold regular risk reviews and accountability tracking meetings. Develop partner relationships and manage performance of partners relating to program delivery. Work with team to monitor and keep program on track or escalate risk and support needed as required.
- Draw on professional experience of scheduling, risk and task tracking platforms (MS PROJECT, SMARTSHEETS, EXCEL, etc) as well as content and engineering tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, CONFLUENCE, SHAREPOINT, etc)
REQUIRED SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
- Min. 5+ years professional experience leading large programs, including hardware, services platform and software projects, with internal and external design, development, and quality teams.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or a related field with formal project management training (preferably PMP, SAFe or similar qualifications).
- Strong preference for experience with devices, consumer electronics, manufacturing and consumer facing hardware, and/or software products.
- Ability to establish a leadership identity within the respective groups and overall stakeholder organizations and partners.
- Demonstrate the ability and track record of leading in project delivery and excellence in communication.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Demonstrate passion to succeed, inspire and motivate the team.
- Strong negotiation skills as well as ability to facilitate informed and timely decisions and mediating tradeoffs with various groups to deliver a product on time and market ready.
- Encourage participation & decision-making by all team members and effectively manage group dynamics.
- Experience working with remote and overseas teams and ability to engage across various cultural and language environments.
- Willingness to travel and participate in after-hours calls as required when working with partners in other geographic locations.
- Track record of leading others & positive change in project definition, project delivery, and process improvement.
- Working experience with project methodologies such as agile and related hardware development processes including EVT/DVT/PVT framework awareness.
- Vendor and Partner relationships, performance management with vendors/partners in relation to programs
- Support supply chain in strategy and agreements/management (incl. lead interface with supply chain)
- Program Management for Product Delivery & Launch (incl. Scope, Budget and Schedule) and related communication and escalation management
- Compliance to required program management process, quality and documentation standards
- Facilitating agreement of Product Roadmap and schedule with Product Managers and Engineering
- Delivery of Product Programs to scope, plan and schedule
- Oversight, reporting and management of all program work by closely tracking risk and issue registers and consistent task prioritization to ensure program scope will be achieved
- Author and maintain Document Control and Program Artefacts such as, Go to Market Plans, PRD Version for Program, Program Schedules, Risk and Issue Registers, Program Roster etc.
- 401k Match
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
VIVINT’S CORE FUNCTIONAL AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Honesty & Integrity: do the right thing
- Customer Obsession: relentless passion to serve the customer
- Innovation: innovation is essential – today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
- Winning Together: individuals win games; teams win championships
- Exceptional: create value, not just motion
- Giving Back: helping people
- Accountability: holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Communication: developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences
- Growth Mindset: frame of mind where basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work while embracing resilience, change, and nimble learning
- People Skills: ability to communicate effectively on an interpersonal level; manage conflict positively; work productively with others to find solutions and reach agreement, and motivate and inspire others
- Influence: the capacity to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, and opinions of stakeholders
- Business Acumen: applying knowledge of company business and the industry to achieve organizational goals
- Executive Presence: the way to carry yourself, present yourself, communicate with others, and project competence and calm
- High-Performing Teams: create common vision, goals, metrics and collaborate, challenge and hold each other accountable to achieve outstanding results