Wireless Systems Engineer
We are on a bold mission to offer a new model to how we provide home internet and connect things you care about in your home built around our industry-leading millimeter wave technology and our deep focus on customer experience.
We have developed a new mesh wireless technology that enables us to quickly enter new markets and offer internet speeds up to 1Gbps with fiber grade capacity across large suburban areas. We know that most people aren't happy with their home internet experience today, but haven't really had many choices for broadband either. We aim to change that.
What excites us is an opportunity to disrupt a trillion dollar industry with a cutting-edge technology and a market leading customer experience. We have over 10,000 customers today across two metro markets with plans to expand into several new markets over the coming years.
Our multinational team, comprised of veterans of Clearwire, Google, Sprint and Rise, is dual headquartered in two of the hottest tech centers in Santa Clara, CA and Lehi, UT.
As a Wireless Systems Engineer for Vivint Internet, you will design and optimize our next generation wireless access network comprised of 5G and mesh millimeter wave technologies that are at the leading edge in the industry and among the first to reach GA. This will require you to work with various parts of the organization to balance business metrics, technology features and capabilities, operational considerations, and other factors that will impact the design and optimization of our business. As our business scales and our technology continues to develop, we will look to our planners to help us drive continuing innovation and assume
growing leadership responsibilities.
What excites you about this role:
- You are joining a growth-stage startup with the technology and business experience to disrupt the US ISP market
- You will help create analysis and optimization processes that scale with the deployment and operation of our leading mesh network technology
- You will oversee drive testing teams, collecting data from our networks, to support model and planning optimization
- You will collect and analyze network KPIs to validate SLAs and create capacity models
- You will develop network design methodology and tools for millimeter wave mesh networks
- You will develop predictive modeling and optimization capabilities for millimeter wave mesh networks
- Opportunity to build out one of the fastest growing 5G platforms in the US as an RF expert and resource across the organization
How to apply:
If this is a role that excites you, please submit your resume together with a cover letter which touches upon the following areas:
- How you excelled in school – what set you above your peers?
- Comfort with ambiguity - walk us through a time when you had to work in a highly dynamic and ambiguous environment, and tell us how you shined.
- Location - this position can be based in Lehi, UT or in Santa Clara, CA. Tell us which you prefer.
What excites us about you:
- Masters or Doctoral degree in electrical engineering with strong academic performance plus 1-2 years industry experience
- Strong RF knowledge w.r.t link budget, channel propagation model, interference analysis, ideally across both sub-6GHz cellular frequencies and millimeter wave frequencies – 60GHz and 80GHz
- Strong mathematical skills and algorithmic thinking capability necessary for creating RF model of millimeter wave mesh network
- Experience with Matlab for fast model prototyping
- Experience with creating and analyzing network KPI data for reporting identifying performance degradation issue, and optimizing network performance
- Extensive experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python) for data analysis and modeling
We take care of our own:
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks; new menu daily (UT only)
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away (we’re big fans of unlimited!)
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Casual dress code & flexible working environment
- Onsite gym (UT & CA) & health clinic (UT only)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life coverage and 401k match