Senior Software Engineer - Rust
The Vivint Innovation Center is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer. This person will help build out our camera and edge device infrastructure. This role will also optimize and harden the functionality of our cameras.
- Work on both the edge(camera) and cloud side of our distributed architecture.
- Move loads of data and turn it in to useful information
- Assist in the implementation of network security and performance.
- Implement monitoring and alerting to increase uptime of our application.
- Abhor performing repetitive tasks and/or stepping through inefficient processes
- Relish in attempting to script/code yourself out of necessity, and with providing documentation to ensure that others can efficiently do what you do
- Experience with distributed applications, especially ones that run in multiple datacenters
- Networking experience:
- NAT traversal tools like: ICE, STUN, TURN
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus:
- Tracing tools (dtrace, strace, trace), eBPF(Berkeley Packet Filter), BCC(BPF Compiler Collection)
- WebRTC, especially outside of the browser
- Containers (OCI, Docker, LXC, cgroups)
- SMACK stack (Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra, Kafka)
- Embedded systems, specifically aarch64/arm64 and Linux
- DIY home automation projects
- 3+ years work experience in Engineering or DevOps
- Interest in Rust (Programming language)