Mid-level or Senior Scrum Master / Software Project Manager
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who are we:
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Are you ready to join the Smart Home revolution? At Vivint’s Boston office, you will be developing groundbreaking products that make the smart home even smarter. Others are just getting into the "Internet of Things" game. Vivint is applying years of experience in the smart home space to build the world's best integrated Smart Home experience. If you’re ready to innovate and lead in smart home technology, join Vivint’s Innovation Team as an experienced mid-level Scrum Master. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions. Working with our organization will be rewarding, meaningful, challenging, and most definitely not just another job.
Vivint is a dynamic technology company leading in the Smart Home field. This is a time of incredible growth for us as we strive to deliver new innovations to make home automation more available, easier to use, and more powerful than ever before. As a Scrum Master, you will foster Agile growth and development across operational and product/engineering groups in Boston and Utah to deliver outcomes while contributing to improving the way we work together. You will serve as the scrum master for at least two scrum teams, working with a cross-functional group that includes software engineers, QA, product managers, designers, program managers, and even hardware engineers, to help bring our products to market.
Who You Are:
- You have expertise in scrum beyond the fundamentals. You understand the philosophy behind the methodology, and you leverage that knowledge to drive Agile Maturity.
- Beyond executing scrum, you help teams understand why scrum works; You know how to generate buy-in.
- You are excited about contributing to an agile transformation and may even have experience helping with one.
- You are knowledgeable in Agile methodologies beyond scrum (ie Kanban, Lean, XP, SAFE) and are confident in your ability to choose the appropriate approach (or hybrid) for each situation.
- You want to be a part of a larger group of scrum masters / Agile enthusiasts and will proactively look for ways to contribute to the larger Agile body of knowledge at Vivint.
- You are flexible and adaptable. You know how to navigate different personality types and team dynamics with ease; your peers and scrum teams would say you have high emotional intelligence.
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver who is comfortable working through ambiguity.
- You are results-driven and genuinely believe in “inspecting and adapting”; you don’t settle for mediocre.
- Serve as scrum master for at least two scrum teams, leading them in agile ceremonies and Agile best practices
- Drive accountability; Help teams make realistic commitments and keep them; earn a reliable “say vs do” metric
- Encourage collaboration and self-organization; help team members learnt to work together effectively
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks; remove blockers and impediments as they arise
- Partner with program and product managers to align sprint goals to release train and product launch calendars
- Partner with team leads to maintain a groomed/prioritized backlog with clear requirements and dependencies
- Partner with product and program managers to plan quarterly roadmaps and scope software projects
- Manage JIRA tickets, workflows and dashboards, and maintain scrum team confluence space
- Represent your team(s) at scrums of scrums, release train standups, and bug triage meetings
- Maintain a solid understand of team/project/company priorities, the product backlog, and day to day operations
- Represent development team and present impediments, dependencies, and resourcing needs at business reviews and product launch coordination meetings; communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Travel to Utah 3-4 times per year, as needed for business meetings
- Honesty & Integrity: You always strive to do the right thing
- Customer Obsession: You have a relentless passion to serve the customer
- Innovation: You believe that innovation is essential – today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
- Winning Together: You know that individuals win games; teams win championships
- Exceptional: You strive to create value, not just motion
- Giving Back: You have a strong desire to help others succeed, feel accepted, and included
- Accountability: holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Communication: You leverage multi-mode communication that conveys a clear message to different audiences
- Growth Mindset: You are focused on your development, and embrace resilience, change, and nimble learning
- Servant Leadership: You know how to lead from behind and motivate and inspire others
- People Skills: You communicate effectively on an interpersonal level; manage conflict positively
- Influence: You know how to produce effects on the actions, behavior, and opinions of stakeholders
- Executive Presence: You project confidence and competence, and communicate with others respectfully
- High-Performing Teams: You create teams with a clear vision and goals, that hold each other accountable to achieve outstanding results
- Certified Scrum Master – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 4+ Years demonstrated experience as a scrum master in a software environment; preferably managing more than one scrum team at the same time.
- The ability to follow complex technical discussions, extract actions/impediments, and disseminate that information/translate it for the appropriate audience
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships with functional business leaders, subject matter experts and peers to support objectives
- Ability to analyze data, using a quantitative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- “Owner’s attitude”, including a willingness to take on complex problems and see them through to solution/resolution
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task priorities and initiatives; proven experience managing shared resources
- Proven ability to encourage participation and decision-making by all team members and effectively manage group dynamics.
- Past success in creating high performance teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve results.
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
Your choice between Mac or PC
Employee pricing on smart home products
Casual dress code
Onsite health clinic
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here: