Mobile Automation QA Engineer
Are you interested in the future of the smart home? Are you interested in being part of shaping a brand new industry in tech? Do you want to be part of a fast growing consumer tech company?
As a software quality assurance engineer at Vivint, you have experience in automating functional, performance, reliability, and system integration testing across a variety of platforms. You are passionate about releasing quality products and ensuring defect free deliveries. You always strive for continual improvement and excel at working with cross-functional teams.
You work hard and take pride in delivering excellent work. You’re excited about working with a team focused on delivering a vision and enjoy collaborating with other engineers, product folk, and designers to create elegant products that deliver everyday value to consumers. At your core, you are self-driven to execute tasks and deliver quality products that customers love to use.
Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features delivered on iOS and Android devices. Build QA Automation tools and platforms with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles. Build Functional testing tools and enhance existing automation platforms. Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering. Contribute to initiatives to improve the overall QA process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements. Self-motivated and must be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements. Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain and update automated testing suites for mobile API’s and applications along with some backend applications and system testing
- Exploratory testing of backend, API, and mobile application frameworks
- Write and update test cases based on product requirements
- Help maintain release process for mobile applications and systems
- Be a part of an agile team
- Troubleshoot system problems
- 4 or more years of professional work experience in software QA or engineering, preferably on consumer-facing applications
- Mobile UI automation experience on both iOS and Android
- Experienced with using Python as your primarily automation language
- Experience with Appium
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX-like operating systems
- Solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience working with mobile API’s and REST methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when writing.
- Well organized, creative, and focused, a self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
- Analytical abilities
- Having an eye for detail while also seeking to understand the big picture
- Enjoys finding issues, identifying risks – and works with team to resolve.
WHAT IS NICE TO HAVE:
- Solid debugging experience. White-box testing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of mobile application emulators
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience