Sr. Manual QA Tester (linux focused)
The Vivint Property Management team is hiring a Manual QA person to help us with quality control. This is a technical position where you get to work with a lot of outstanding technologies.
About us: We are a small startup style team within Vivint where we are working hard to bring home automation to the Multi-Family environment. From making the Resident’s experience better to giving the Property manager the tools they need to handle their units, we are innovating and crafting phenomenal solutions that will make our customers lives better.
What is meaningful to have
- 2-3 years of experience with API testing
- Linux background (system level)
- Understanding of operating systems
- Basic Linux Shell Scripting experience
- Ability to debug system level issues
- Experienced with agile development methodologies
- Familiar with software testing principles
- Understanding of cloud computing and distributed systems
- Familiar with cloud deployment/monitoring tools
- Ability to make decisions and perform risk analysis to improve coverage based on risk and time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience writing test plans and test cases and have a quality mindset
- Well organized, creative, and focused, a self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
What is nice to have:
- Passionate about gadgets and smart devices
- White-box testing experience
- Python experience
- Cloud performance/load testing experience
- Reliability testing experience
- Familiar with microservices and API contract testing
- Familiarity networking and databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
Vivint is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age , sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.