Quality Assurance Engineer
We are on a bold mission to offer a new model to how we provide home internet and connect things you care about in your home built around our industry-leading millimeter wave technology and our deep focus on customer experience.
We have developed a new mesh wireless technology that enables us to quickly enter new markets and offer internet speeds up to 1Gbps with fiber grade capacity across large suburban areas. We know that most people aren't happy with their home internet experience today, but haven't really had many choices for broadband either. We aim to change that.
What excites us is an opportunity to disrupt a trillion dollar industry with a cutting-edge technology and a market leading customer experience. We have over 10,000 customers today across two metro markets with plans to expand into several new markets over the coming years.
Our multinational team, comprised of veterans of Clearwire, Google, Sprint and Rise, is dual headquartered in two of the hottest tech centers in Santa Clara, CA and Lehi, UT.
Vivint Internet is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to help guard the quality of our Core Networking components. These components consist primarily of virtual network functions (VNF) running on top of the VMWare Hypervisor. You will be responsible for entering, executing, and tracking tests in our central test case management system. You will also be expected to enter discovered issues and help track issues to resolution.
What excites you about this role:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are inspired by cracking ambiguous and challenging questions with an agile approach
- You thrive in a growth-stage, fast paced environment
- You have a desire to interact and break the latest in networking technologies including Fiber Optics, VXLan, eVPN, and 100GB+ devices
- Review design documents to ensure expectations are clear and testable
- Work closely with the Project Management team to ensure items delivered by development meet business needs
- Create, execute, and maintain detailed test plans and test cases
- Record and update test results, and regularly communicate testing progress. Help coordinate release readiness activities and change approval steps
- Help develop and implement automated testing tools and processes
What excites us about you:
- At least 3+ years of experience working in a Quality Assurance role
- Familiarity with a wide range of testing tools including:
- Scripting languages (Python, Bash, …)
- Execution frameworks (Jenkins, Hudson, CRON, …)
- Test case management (Testrail, Testopia, Zephyr, …)
- Bug tracking (Jira, Bugzilla, …)
- Familiarity with a wide range of IP and Business services including:
- Transfer protocols (HTTP(s), REST, SOAP, …)
- Core IP services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, …)
- Core routing services (BGP, OSPFv2/v3, …)
- Authentication Services (oAuth, LDAP, RADIUS, …)
- Relational Databases (MySQL, SQLite, MariaDB, …)
- Network Monitoring (SNMPv2/3, Zabbix, Nagios, …)
- Virtualization (VMWare ESXi, Virtual Box, QEMU, …)
- Solid knowledge of Linux / Unix operating systems
- Data-driven mindset with strong analytical skills
- Experience working with remotely located teams
- Familiarity with reporting systems including Tableau, Datameer, ...
- Assertive and entrepreneurial demeanor that is able to self-start
- Extraordinary team player with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success
- Desire to help create a fun, productive culture and mentor colleagues across our business
We take care of our own:
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away (we’re big fans of unlimited!)
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Casual dress code & flexible working environment
- Onsite gym (UT & CA) & health clinic (UT only)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life coverage and 401k match
Find out more about what it's like to work here: