Director of Engineering
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
WHO ARE WE:
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
· Collaborate with executive leadership, business stakeholders and product management to ensure that engineering teams deliver on business needs in a consistent and predictable manner.
· Manage the delivery of software including integration with internal and external systems.
· Own and manage the stability, availability and performance of applications and systems. Empower teams to deliver high system uptime and quality.
· Develop and own system health KPIs.
· Own the technology roadmap and ensure successful execution of product roadmap.
· Drive innovation into the product through technology and foster innovation within the team.
· Champion non-functional requirements like high availability, scalability and performance.
· Enable rapid development processes while maintaining stable system delivery.
· Architect and build scalable cloud based services and supporting delivery processes.
· Work with other technology leaders in building a common cloud based platform across multiple applications.
· Drive continuous integration and delivery through test and release automation.
· Lead new technology evaluation and adoption, and drive needed investments.
· Collaborate with other leaders within the Engineering Center of Excellence and Architecture Review Board to ensure technical strategies, architecture guidelines and standards are created, updated and followed.
· Functionally manage multiple teams, including offshore remote teams.
· Promote a culture of autonomy, purpose and initiative, while driving teams to get stuff done.
- Lead, mentor and coach new and seasoned engineering managers.
· 5+ years proven technology leadership experience.
· 10+ years engineering, architecting and delivering technology solutions.
· Experience building highly-available services at scale on public clouds (Amazon, Azure, and Google Cloud).
· Experience designing and supporting deployment and automation solutions on public clouds.
· Experience driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems.
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and development methods and techniques.
· Executive presence with the ability to communicate and present at any level.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic culture, respond to changing priorities and coordinate development of multiple critical initiatives.
- Proven ability in building team culture and advancing company values.
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
Your choice between Mac or PC
Employee pricing on smart home products
Casual dress code
Onsite health clinic
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here: